Thursday, September 20, 2007

Career Journal Thoughts

I really did enjoy reading the articles on interviewing and college. The first article in the selection that I read, I found surprisingly true! College is not all about what you learned in the classroom, it is how you learned and lived during the four years. Being able to manage odd hours and multi, multi, multitasking! This is so very true because I never thought that I would be able to do so many things at once and many times, I never even realize how many things I am getting accomplished.
I also found the article about being prepared for any question very interesting. I always thought if I were to be asked the wrong question, it would completely throw me off and ruin any chance of getting the job. The article went on to explain how you can twist the question to make sure that you get your point across (by not ignoring the question). I found this to be very useful for my future interviews and it will make me not worry so much about being correct for every, single question asked.
There really was not any advice that I disagreed upon. It was mostly very opinionated, but I found a lot of it to be true and helpful. For the most part, all job interviewing is very similar and follows a lot of the same guidelines. However, I see how each interview would vary a little depending on the job position desired.This needs to be kept in mind before going into the interview.

No comments: